COUNTIF partial match
I have the following formula
which works perfectly when the numbers in the search cells start with 1.1 (I'm sure you're shocked by that :-|)
The point is I want to transfer it to a sheet where the '1.1' is now '1'.
To make it clear:
I still want to count the number of rows in section 1, however the formula will not work by simply removing the '.1' so the question is how to I get it to look for a partial match i.e.
=COUNTIF('Bid Plan'!A11:A12,1.*) where the star represents any further digits beyond the decimal point.
Interestingly the original formular actually read:
But I really don't understand how the 'IF:IF' reference is able to pick up the correct group of rows (which have been grouped).
There's no VBA code written behind the sheets from what I can see so that's a mystery.
I just need to get the count working though.
Anyone got any ideas?
Keys to the Problem COUNTIF partial match
Whoop whoop! It does thank you.
That's a new function for me, do I gather it wasn't available in earlier versions of Excel?
Have you any idea about the IF:IF referencing?
I feel the original spreadsheet was put together by someone much more sophisticated than I but I would like to know how that works.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error COUNTIF partial match
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: COUNTIF partial match:
How to Fix COUNTIF partial match with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.220.127.116.1186,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.18.104.22.1680,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.22.214.171.1249,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.126.96.36.1995,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: [Solution] COOD1199 PROBLEM WITH MEDIA PLAYER AND PDF FILES DOWNLOADS.......,Troubleshooting:control window is higher than screen - windows7,How to Fix - Count of unique values?,Troubleshoot:current video card driver incompatible with WDDM, blue screen crashes daily and i have windows 7 home premuim mouse on laptop is crazy too...please help me,Troubleshooting:CREATING SPREAD SHEET FOR WORK HOURS PER EMPLOYEE. Error,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly