Deleting hidden objects in Excel 2007
I have an excel file with multiple sheets that is slow and quits responding duing simple actions (moving between sheets, etc.) I've discovered that there hidden object - many of them in this file. Of course, this was not intentional, don't know how it
happened unless it was cut and paste from a website.
I can locate the objects using the selection pane. Then I open the developer and use Crtl G to select the objects - but the file quits responding before the objects are deleted. Any help out there
Solutions to the Problem Deleting hidden objects in Excel 2007
Too many objects! I've saw this yeasterday at a client site. Not the first time. They had 13,000 objects. The go to objects command seems to have a problem with that. This can result from copying a range which includes objects multiple times, for example.
You could try something like this
Dim F As Worksheet, S As Shape
For Each F In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
For Each S In F.Shapes
I didn't test it on their problem because we had a simple solution - start with a clean workbook.
If this answer solves your problem, please check, Mark as Answered.
If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button.
Cheers Shane Devenshire
Running System Update Readiness Command
On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve Deleting hidden objects in Excel 2007 in Windows.
- Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
- Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.
Try and see if you still get the same error Deleting hidden objects in Excel 2007 in your Windows.
Note: You may be prompted to enter your administrator's password when you try to execute certain system tasks!
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Deleting hidden objects in Excel 2007:
How to Fix Deleting hidden objects in Excel 2007 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 22.214.171.124059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.126.96.36.199 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.188.8.131.52,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: Solution to Error: daily disk cleanup option? how do you stop this?,How Can You Fix - Desktop icons show as generic icons?,deleted files stay in folder until refresh [Solved],Troubleshoot:desk top icons stopped responding also task bar icons,Solution to Problem: Delta search. How do I get rid of it