After upgrading to Windows 7 my laptop no longer recognizes my external monitor
After upgrading my laptop (Dell XTSM1330) from Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium, it no longer recognizes my external monitor (Dell 2407WFT-HC).
Is there a procedure in Win 7 whereby it has to recognize or "install" the monitor?
Anwsers to the Problem After upgrading to Windows 7 my laptop no longer recognizes my external monitor
You should update your video driver to the latest 195.62 driver.
Your chipset drivers may benefit from
This particular error can easily be resolved with a few simple steps. However, if you are not confident in your ability to use the methods below or they do not fully remove the issue on your computer, you may want to seek the assistance of a qualified repair technician who is well versed in fixing After upgrading to Windows 7 my laptop no longer recognizes my external monitor.
- Back-up the Registry of your operating system.
- Find the Registry Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade]
- Note: this Registry Key should already exist, if it does not exist, create it.
- Create a brand new DWORD Value that is named AllowOsUpdate
- Set the Value to 0x00000001.
- Close and reopen your Control Panel.
- Restart the Microsoft Windows.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After upgrading to Windows 7 my laptop no longer recognizes my external monitor:
How to Fix After upgrading to Windows 7 my laptop no longer recognizes my external monitor with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: How to Fix Problem - after update, emails only show text, no pictures or other information?,Tech Support: Aftre upgrading to Windows 8.1 - Unable to play DVD's\/Issue with Opening Microsoft Office document.,Solution to Error: Album covers on windows media player do not match actual playlist of albums!!,Troubleshooter of Error: After removing Real Player, I can no longer open shortcuts from desktop.,[Solution] After reinstall, my windows seems to periodically freeze and unfreeze,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator