Wednesday, July 6, 2016

How to Fix - Backup - Windows 7 problem partially solved, but where are my files??

Backup - Windows 7 problem partially solved, but where are my files?

I had a problem with not being able to complete a backup on a new laptop (Windows 7).
The solution of not including libraries in the backup seems to have worked.
The backup was finally completed.
However, there's no way to ensure that I've got all my specific
library files included because you can't view the files you've backed up.
You can only restore them.
Here's what I excluded: Data files/admin's libraries      and also   
c:/public/libraries         I DID include all of my folders such as c:/public/pictures,    c:/public/music, etc.
so I assume they are present.
However, it would be nice to know for sure.
Windows 7 Explorer only lets you see certain areas and
it's quite frustrating!
My question : Did I need to exclude
c:/public/libraries    or was it just data files/admin's libraries that I was supposed to exclude in the backup?

Thanks for any help.

Keys to the Problem Backup - Windows 7 problem partially solved, but where are my files?

Download SmartPCFixer for Free Now

Hi Earthgrammy,

How do I view the contents of my backup? 

You can view the contents of your backup by opening the Restore Files wizard.

1.Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.

2.Do one of the following:

•To view your files, click Restore my files.

•To view all users' files, click Restore all users' files.
 If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.Do one of the following:

•To browse the contents of the backup, click Browse for files or Browse for folders.

When you are browsing for folders, you won't be able to see the individual files in a folder.
To view individual files, use the Browse for files option.

•To search the contents of the backup, click Search, type all or part of a filename, and then click Search.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-and-restore-frequently-asked-questions 

Erwin

I am not 62; I am 16 with 46 years of experience..Think Positive..Think Differnet

Run CHKDSK
  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Reboot your computer.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Backup - Windows 7 problem partially solved, but where are my files?:

How to Fix Backup - Windows 7 problem partially solved, but where are my files? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.


Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Solution to Problem: Arrow cursor on desktop screen,Automatic Copy of Text from 1 cell on 1 sheet to another cell on another sheet within a workbook Tech Support,Troubleshoot:Are there any free start screen backgrounds for Windows 8 available?,Fast Solution to Problem: Auto Date for 01\/month\/year, for Any date of a Month,Troubleshoot:Arrange a list of names alphabetically in a Word file Error,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?

No comments:

Post a Comment