AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on
I have this add-on in IE 11 on Windows 8.1 and I am wondering if it is needed and how to remove it.
I had already removed the AVG Toolbar Add-On but this thing is something I can not seem to remove.
It is from (AVG Technologies) and the Add-On is called (ScriptHelperApi Class).
It is located under (Toolbars and Extensions) when you select (Run Without Permission) which itself seems like it is something I do not like to see.
I do not want something to Run Without Permission if I do not even know if it is needed and from something
that I did not want installed in the first place.
The AVG Toolbars got installed by mistake on my part and I think this was installed at the same time based on the install date listed for it.
In fact I know it was installed at the same time.
Does anyone know how to remove it? All I have been able to do is Disable it.
I tried the Removal Tool from AVG and it only removed the Tool Bars.
It left this Add-On.
I have searched everywhere and I can not seem to find a why to get rid of it.
would be greatly appreciated.
Solutions to the Problem AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on
Manually editing the Windows registry
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, please do not edit the Windows registry manually.
Because of this risk, we highly recommend using a trusted registry cleaner such as SmartPCFixer Using a registry cleaner automates the process of finding invalid registry entries, missing file references (like the one causing your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error), and broken links within the registry. A backup is automatically created before each scan, with the ability to undo any changes in a single click, protecting you against the possibility of PC damage. The best part is that repairing registry errors can also dramatically improve system speed and performance.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
The next steps in manually editing your registry will not be discussed in this article due to the high risk of damaging your system. If you would like to learn more about manual registry editing, please see the links below.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on:
How to Fix AVG Technologies ScriptHelperApi Class Add-on with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: [Solution] Apps will not install, stuck on \"pending.\",How to Resolve - Apps\/programmes not working since upgrading to Windows 8.1?,Autoroute 2010 - Your Trial Has Expired - Even after installing puchased Version [Anwsered],[Solution] Backup doesn't recognize the second internal hard drive.,Troubleshooting:back up for windows 7 laptop keeps getting stuck at 34% Error,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?