Friday, March 4, 2016

[Anwsered] Printing From A MacBook Pro (SL 10.6) To Win 7

Printing From A MacBook Pro (SL 10.6) To Win 7

A few months ago, I used the information in another thread on here to get my MacBook Pro printing to a HP Officejet 7300 series, connected to my Win7 desktop with a USB cable.
 That thread has gotten quite long and I don't think many people
are currently paying attention to it, so sorry about the double posting but I did try to continue with that post first.
 
I was obliged to delete that printer from the Mac at one point this past weekend when I was wrestling with upgrading my home network to Wireless N (that router is on its way back to Linksys and I am trying to get my home network back to where
it was - everything worked fine, using a "G" gateway).
 Today when I try to print the job shows up in the queue as being on hold, and if I click that icon to resume it, it just asks me for authentication (not really sure what to put for a password but I've
been using the network password on the Windows 7 machine, to which the router is physically connected - I also tried using the Windows login password, which I need to access the Windows 7 machine on the network).
When I try to add this printer, under SnowLeopard 10.6, if I click on "Advanced" then choose "LPD" from the drop down menu, and type in what needs to go after "lpd://" (I type in exactly what worked for me in the past), do I need to enter anything
into the "Location" box?  If I am supposed to enter an IP address for the print server here, can anyone tell me how to find it? (in my gateway firmware, my four computers show up as well as another device or three but none of them are USB devices and I don't
think my printer is in that list at all). 
If I instead click on "Windows" at the start of the add printer process, then select my home network/Windows 7 machine/HP printer, that printer will show up in the "Name" box and I would navigate through the list to get the software for this
printer in the bottom box, but, again, do I need to put something in the "Location" box?  I don't remember doing this previously but I can't think of anything else I can do here.
 When I go to the network summary on the printer itself, for an IP address it
shows all zeros, but I have it set to be shared on the network so I don't think this matters.
 Any thoughts, anyone?  TIA.
Mark

Keys to the Problem Printing From A MacBook Pro (SL 10.6) To Win 7

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Using Windows troubleshooter:

  • Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
  • A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
  • Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
  • Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
  • The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
  • Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Printing From A MacBook Pro (SL 10.6) To Win 7:

 

 

How to Fix Printing From A MacBook Pro (SL 10.6) To Win 7 with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer.  Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: Store not opening in Windows 8 1 pro the procedure entry point prop mgr client lookup pro could not be located bin link dynamic link library OLEACC dll System Restore did not complete sucessfully error code 0x80070057 the ordinal 3 could not be located in the dynamic link library wnaspi32 dll the following formula does not work in excel 97 2003 COUNTIFS Activity G3 G80 61 Activity G3 G80 90 please help The display format of my web browser will not show images tooolbar at top on my computer explorer or any other explorer except on IE is not visible and Winows dosent run in safe mode at all When ever i try to install itunes 64 bit my computer says The windows installer service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode UNABLE TO ACCESS THE IE8 HOME PAGE AS AND WHEN I TRY OPENING IT I GET THE MESSAGE NOT RESPONDING PLEASE HELP User having sudden java issue in IE 6 on web site that has previously worked and that has not changed Unable to set the current location for the recovery image The recovery image cannot be written Error Code 0x80004005 Used to be able to send pictures on Outlook Express 6 0 Now my friends cannot open the files I send to them Website amantexintel com will not display in Internet Explorer 8 why System not working properly after uninstalling pc cleaner 2013 program Wheel spinning and Not Responding Unable to ping a website in command prompt with an error message ping is not recognized as an internal or external command,After installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 my internet connection speed has dropped considerably sony vaio drivers Error Code 0x81000006 cannot find backup device in Windows 7 computer sony drivers Is there an option for Windows 7 to shut down automatically after installing updates VAIO Driver Download Resetting Windows 8 did not install a clean copy of windows Your PC ran into a trouble sony drivers Starting display problem Your computer did not shut down properly Windows is collecting information sony drivers Windows 8 1 Low Memory Frequent Warnings sony drivers Windows 7 with 64 bit OS ignores most formatting CSS commands sony dvd drivers Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver DOWNLOAD
Read More: Can you customize settings? I like my email to open in new window instead of tabbed [Anwsered],When at a web site I can no longer go to file,send page, nor send link by e-mail. [Anwsered],Solution to Error: Error message: “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly" and Windows Photo Gallery will only stay on for a few seconds,[Anwsered] iexplorer not responding,Troubleshooting:Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for August 14 2012,Double Clicking on Pivot Data,Error activating ICS on vista home basic. Error: 0x800702FD,Control which window changes focus to target of hyperlink?,I need to create a formula that will generate a random alphanumeric output always 7 characters,Does shutting down my laptop affects the backend upgradation process from Win 8 to Win 8.1?

No comments:

Post a Comment