2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop
#1--when opening "Tools", "Options", on mail, new window opens.
is so large can not reach "Apply" etc.
buttons to make and lock in the changes.
How do I change this?
#2--when mail is open and on-line, I send a mail to whoever, the mail program shuts down the connection (apparently) as it
always re-dials the connection already established. When I download a message, read it, try to answer, the program has disconnected from the provider.
No, the box is not checked for it to do that.
What the heck
is going on? Thanks, Jim
Keys to the Problem 2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop
What screen resolution are you using? If you increase the size of you Display by increasing the resolution you will have more room for windows to fit in to.
You can also look at Auto-Hiding the Start Button and adjacent Taskbar via the Start Menu and Taskbar Properties (right-click on blank area of the Taskbar).
You can also "Move" the Options window, by right-clicking on the top border of the window and selecting Move. Hands off the Mouse when you see the "Cross-hairs". Now press the up and down arrows on the Keyboard to move your window, you can even use the sideway
arrows. It is possible to drag the window around the screen with the Mouse as long as you don't click the Mouse. Once you click the Mouse the trick ends. Incidentally the arrows give you more movement than the Mouse.
As for your second problem, what type of Internet connection are you using, is it the old Dial-up, Adsl, or what?
You could look at the Properties of your Account via Tools/ Accounts, highlight your Account and click on Properties/ Connections, and make sure everything is correct in there. Ask your ISP Provider to check it with you, and get them to check the other settings
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop:
How to Fix 2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: [Solved] 100% CPU usage most of the time and when I open iTunes,Troubleshoot:64 bit Windows 7 OS can not see or access 32 Server 2003 network.,2 Questions- Uninstalling IE and windows security center [Solved],Troubleshooting:2007 Performance Issue \/ Very slow saves to network share,Fast Solution to Problem: 2.Is there a new version of Frontpage because I couldn’t find it on the Microsoft website.,2007 Office Word unreadable,2 week old computer with Windows 7 can't play videos any more-In a pop up it recommends to install Adobe Flash Player Installer...,2203 Database Error: H&R Block Installation,64 bit system to 32 bit recognition,700z lexmark printer