A third party software is stopped working after updating windows
A third software which was compiled in visual studio 2008 is stopped working after updating the .NET framework to v4.5.
How to bring back the software to work?
Solutions to the Problem A third party software is stopped working after updating windows
Good job rectifying the problem area.
I understand the inconvenience caused to you and I will definitely help you.
From the issue description, it appears that you are having problems with a VB '08 software.
Please answer the following questions so that I could assist you further:
Are you receiving any error messages?Do you have a parallel operating system installed?
Try these steps and get back to me with the results:
Downgrade .Net Framework 4.5 to 4.0
Visit the following link to downgrade .Net Framework 4.5 to 4.0:
Also, if that does not solve the problem, try installing older versions of .Net framework from
I don't know whether this is legit or functional, but you can find VB8 decompilers
Then, you can copy the code in a latter version of VB like 10 and compile it.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: A third party software is stopped working after updating windows:
How to Fix A third party software is stopped working after updating windows with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshoot:A Problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen,How to Fix - about internet explorer has closed this webpage to help protect you comp. and show this windows data execution prevention?,Tech Support: access to external HD's,Troubleshooting:Accidentally hid all my admin users files under C:\\Users\\xxxxxx. Help! Error,Solution to Error: Accidentally deleted searh history in XP. How can I get January 22 back to view it please\/,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up