How do I add the protect document facility to the quick access toolbar
I protected a word 2007 form so I can distribute it and folks could easily go from input area to input area.
Now I need to edit the form, so how do I unprotect it.
I did not add a password.
I checked online and a post said I should add the protect document
facility to the quick access toolbar, and I do not know how to do that.
Solutions to the Problem How do I add the protect document facility to the quick access toolbar
You can unprotect the the document using either "Protect Document" ribbon control located in the "Protect" group on the "Review" tab and "Developer" tab.
Click on the control then click "Restict editing and formatting." Then click "Stop Protection" located in the "Restrict editing and formatting" pane. You can restore the classic forms tools to the ribbon using an add-in see:
If you and the folks using your form are all using Word2007 then you would probably benefit by using ContentControls instead of a proteced form. See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Content_Controls.htm
Edit: I tried to answer the question in the body of your post and now realize you had a different question in the title which Ms. Barnhill has answered.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: How do I add the protect document facility to the quick access toolbar:
How to Fix How do I add the protect document facility to the quick access toolbar with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: Can I Convert Pdf Documents Into Word Just Using Adobe?,How To Turn On Schedule In "Backup",Work Book Password Protected,IE 8 On Win7 Won't Launch Unless I Run As Administrator.,From The Desktop, IE Web Sites Shrunk,Alfa 5 DBi Antenna Compatability,A Disconnected Drive Is Still Showing In "backup And "restore",Authentication Certificate Missing When Trying To Connect To Secure Wireless Network,Autoplay Not Working When Inserting The CD /DVD.,ALL SHORTCUT PROGRAMMES OPEN WITH ADOBEREADER
Read More: when I try to install IE 8 on vista ultimate SP1 32 bit it gives me a message IE 8 supports not this version of windows Tech Support,Tech Support: Need help with random BSOD, stop:c0000135 happens once a day, then the machine runs fine the rest of the day,Tech Support: MS Windows Back up failing,Troubleshooting:Printer wont respond, after a different printer is used for a 1-off job Error,How to Resolve - Dropbox stopped working on my boss's computer. we uninstalled dropbox but now Everytime we try to reinstall it, it says \"installation aborted\"?,Stop snoring with asonor anti snore remedy,Appears something when to click on a circle or square box,access virtual drive C through host,General Failure: The URL...................................."The system cannot find the file specified.",splwow64.exe__?use 32 bit reg path @ cregistry @ @ qeaaxh@z could not be located in the dynamic link library LXCGUTIL.DLL