Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Troubleshooting:Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)"

Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)"

Original Title: help fixing 0xc00000e9?
 
i try to boot up my laptop and it gets past the loading bar thing and goes to a black screen, i tried to repair and i get "0xc00000e9" and " an unexpected I/O error has occured" i tried everything from safe mode/safe mode with network [both freeze upon loading
files] i tried debug,last known configuration, ECT.
its a netbook i used for class so it doesnt have a disc drive to reformat from\

a link to a pic of what im talking about http://i43.tinypic.com/5k1tle.jpg

Keys to the Problem Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)"

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Hi Andrew,
 
I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue.
 
To provide the appropriate resolution, I would need more information from your end.
1.    Did you make ant recent hardware or software changes on the computer prior to this issue?
2.    What is the make and model of the laptop?
An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9) is a hardware error pertaining to your system’s BIOS.
Basically it is telling you that, the computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard drive.
 
Method 1:
I would suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt and run check disk from there.
Check if it helps.
Refer to the article to boot to Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Advanced startup options (including safe mode)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode
a.
After opening command prompt, type the following command.
 chkdsk \r
b.
Hit Enter.
Method 2:
If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps in the article and check if it helps.

Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392
 
Hope this information helps.
Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Because of this Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)" error, Windows can fail in starting some processes and the system's performance can significantly slow down. In some cases, Windows has problems starting up and the system can freeze.

Lastly, this error Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)" can even result in the Blue screen of death error message, just like other critical Windows errors. If any of the above problems and symptoms occur in your PC, then you should immediately seek to resolve this problem.

In order to resolve Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)" error or repair the corrupted and damaged Windows files, you will need a Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)" error repair tool. There is more than one method of treating this kind of error code, and here is how you can manually do it:

  1. Start the computer and log in as administrator
  2. Go to the start button and select All Programs. Go to Accessories, System Tools, and then System Restore
  3. Click on System Restore and in a new window, select the 'Restore my computer to an earlier time's option and click Next
  4. On the new confirmation window that appears, click Next
  5. Restart your computer after the restoration has been completed

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)":

 

 

How to Fix Windows 7 boots to black screen, startup repair fails with error message "An unexpected I/O error has occurred, Status: (0Xc00000e9)" with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: Startup Error Failed to connect to a Windows service System Event Notification Service sic Task Scheduler not always closing down program text wrap not working in Word Upgraded my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Now my Lexmark Z515 printer will not work Can someone please help me The drivers for USB 2 0 arent showing up and dont seem to be usable I have ServicePack s 1 thru 3 The drivers used to show and work but not any more Is there a way I can get them back so my 2 0 items will work properly Symbols are not displayed in PDF when word is converted to pdf using Save As PDF Microsoft Addin The Security Center has not recorded an antivirus product when tried to generate System Health Report When conducting a search on Google or Bin search results are not visible I get a blank white page Ulead Photo Express 5 SE does not work with Win7 USB 2 0 devices plugged into USB 3 0 do NOT appear in Safely Remove HW VBA Excel find matching list files and copy to another folder What can I do to eliminate the not responding message I constantly get Web Proxy Not Responding USB Microsoft Mouse Not working upon boot whatsapp not connecting What should I do if my CD Drive reads some CDs but not others,Issues With Downloads And Installations Since Fresh Install Of Windows 7 64bit,Windows 8 - Browsers Font Rendering Issue! Blocky Fonts Text,Why Some Of Links Are Not Functioning In Web Pages (IE8)?,Internet Stops Working,Nesting Functions???,IMesh Is Not Working Only Minimizes,I Can't Uninstall ITunes And SupportSolutionsFramework.msi,I Have 3 Columns Out Of Many Columns Of Data Each With Hundreds Of Rows, I Need To Identify The Lowest Number In Each Row For These Three Columns Only And Reference The Column Title For That Particular Number.,Divide Information Into Two Columns,My Asus T100 Transformer Wont Turn On
Read More: IE8, Ate my desktop,Solution to Error: javasc#iptvoid(false) error message,[Anwsered] how can i access my msn account? I have had my email and password for years and now I can't get into it! Why? i am finding no help from windows live,Solution to Error: Windows Explorer Crashed. No taskbar in safe mode. System Restore doesn't help.,Fast Solution to Error: TOSHIBA Recovery Media Satellite L500D Series windows 7 home premium 64-bit,Alps pointing device stops working and resumes.,Attempting to use Conditional Formating with a variable,internet options not opening on IE 10,cannot open my emails. they are there but will not open,Microsoft Works 9 does not keep History items.

No comments:

Post a Comment