Monday, February 22, 2016

Fast Solution to Problem: Presentation mode is always on when I turn on my computer. My desktop icons are gone and the computer seems to run slower.

Presentation mode is always on when I turn on my computer. My desktop icons are gone and the computer seems to run slower.

A couple months ago Presentation Mode accidently got turned on.
Since then Everytime my computer boots up or goes to sleep and comes back it starts with presentation mode on and my desktop icons are gone.
I can get them back by right-clicking the desktop
and going to view-show icons and thendoing the same thing.
I have looked at a lot of solutions to going into windows mobility center and turning off presentation mode and making sure "I am currently giving a presentation" is unchecked and also giong into connected
displays and unchecking "I always give a presentation when using this screen set-up." None of these have worked, the only other solution I have seen is doing a restore system back to before this happened, but I do not want to do that as it would take a long
time to get m computer back to the way it was.
Also, aftert his happened my computer seems to run a little slower.
NOt bad, but noticable.

Anwsers to the Problem Presentation mode is always on when I turn on my computer. My desktop icons are gone and the computer seems to run slower.

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

Hi jlevy08,
Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!
Step1:
Try running the System File Checker (SFC.exe) and check if the issue persists.  To do this, follow these steps:
1.       Open an elevated command prompt.
To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password,
or click Allow.
 
2.       Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
 
sfc /scannow
 
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions
Refer the link for further information:
 
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212
 
Once the SFC scan is done, try to Turn off the Presentation Mode.
 
a.
Click Start and type Windows Mobility Center in the Start Search box.

b.
Click Windows Mobility Center from the Programs list.

c.
In the Windows Mobility Center, click Turn off in the Presentation Settings section.

d.
Close the Windows Mobility Center
Step2:
If running SFC comes back with errors that it could not fix, then you’ll have to reinstall Vista.
 
Installing and reinstalling Windows:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e77344fa-e978-464c-953e-eba44f0522671033.mspx
I hope the above information helps you.
Regards,
Manasa P – Microsoft Support.

Running System Update Readiness Command

On running the System Update readiness Command, it will Detect & Replace Incorrect Registry data with the Correct one. Which may ultimately Solve Presentation mode is always on when I turn on my computer. My desktop icons are gone and the computer seems to run slower. in Windows.

  1. Open CMD as Administrator by Simply Right Clicking on Start button > Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Now Type or Copy paste "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" and hit Enter,
  3. Now again Type or Copy paste this "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and hit Enter.
  4. Close the Command Prompt Window because we are done.

Reboot your Windows & see if error Presentation mode is always on when I turn on my computer. My desktop icons are gone and the computer seems to run slower. still comes up.

Note: Your administrator's password might be needed.

Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Presentation mode is always on when I turn on my computer. My desktop icons are gone and the computer seems to run slower.:

 

 

How to Fix Presentation mode is always on when I turn on my computer. My desktop icons are gone and the computer seems to run slower. with SmartPCFixer?

1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: A Javaw Exe Notice volpanlu exe error windows 10Clmlsvc exe No Disk Exe Access Denied Download Dllhost Exe Windows 7 Fix Tpsoddctl exe Find Hpzsetup Exe Cordbg Exe A 0x15fc Http Outlook Exe Safe Safe MRT Exe itype exe Resumefix exe logonui exe application error Outlook InboxTool Scanpst Exe Mstsc exe Corrupted How Ehtray exe Error St5unst exe N Cwindowsst5unst 000 E 1 F Ftmsfltu exe Swchost exe Wiaacmgr exe Windows 7 xrengine exe has stopped working installer exe,3 00 GB Usable Have 4GB installed and HP website states this model supports 4GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 a couple of times this week Windows won t open I am forced to remove thebattery and restart then it s fine any ideas what the problem might be thnx Cannot get Lexmark X4270 printer to work on Windows 7 Is there anything I can do to get it working Am trying to connect new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit to a shared printer on the network which is connected to a Vista 32 PC cannot enable feature Windows Media Centre windows 7 crashes Bypass the startup folder in Windows 7 Cannot sign to Windows live messenger and Yahoo messenger C Windows system32 qaappsrv exe What is this Can RAMdisk use the extra memory on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Code 607 Windows Update encountered an unknown error after virus infection explorer exe does not start automatically Windows 7 Cursor freezing at start up on BRAND NEW Acer Aspire 5534 Notebook running Windows 7 Black Screen with cursor no login screen Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit Desktop gadgets panel has stopped working in Windows 7 Can t open Microsoft documents word excel etc that are sent from my new Windows 7 OS Distorted screen after installing Windows 7 32 bit
Read More: Troubleshoot:Windows 7 will only start in safe mode! Error,Troubleshooting:startup script,Troubleshooter of Error: Microsoft Fix it said Problems solved preventing me from Updating Windows but Did not. The error code is; 80070643.,How to Fix Error - why can I not turn on Network Access Protection, even those its enabled, still says its turned off?,Troubleshooting:How to place a formula pivot Average formula in the row of the pivot table,After clicking on "Show windows stacked" and "Show windows side by side" every time I open a new link it is either stacked or side by side.,1601 error when trying to install .NET3.5 SP1,Action Figures- Dreamland Access now made easy,System Restore Error 0x80070057 when running from Windows RE,Adera Episode 2 doesn't appear after purchse from XBox store

No comments:

Post a Comment