i think i have a file association problem,mistakenly clicked something i shouldnt have! now all the media start up icons(explorer, itunes, picasa etc) will only open with windows media centre
I HAVE INTERNET EXPLORER 8 AND THE LATEST WINDOWS MEDIA CENTRE.
IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE?
Anwsers to the Problem i think i have a file association problem,mistakenly clicked something i shouldnt have! now all the media start up icons(explorer, itunes, picasa etc) will only open with windows media centre
· Which operating system are you using?
. Since when are you facing this issue?
· Do you remember making any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
I would suggest you to set the file associations to default and check if it helps.
Change which programs Windows uses by default
If you are using Windows XP refer to:
Follow the link that will automatically fix the file associations ‘When you run an .exe file on a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer, the file may start a different program’:
Also run the Microsoft Fixit tool from the link and check if it helps.
Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically
Hope this helps.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: i think i have a file association problem,mistakenly clicked something i shouldnt have! now all the media start up icons(explorer, itunes, picasa etc) will only open with windows media centre:
How to Fix i think i have a file association problem,mistakenly clicked something i shouldnt have! now all the media start up icons(explorer, itunes, picasa etc) will only open with windows media centre with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: A Javaw Exe Notice volpanlu exe error windows 10Clmlsvc exe No Disk Exe Access Denied Download Dllhost Exe Windows 7 Fix Tpsoddctl exe Find Hpzsetup Exe Cordbg Exe A 0x15fc Http Outlook Exe Safe Safe MRT Exe itype exe Resumefix exe logonui exe application error Outlook InboxTool Scanpst Exe Mstsc exe Corrupted How Ehtray exe Error St5unst exe N Cwindowsst5unst 000 E 1 F Ftmsfltu exe Swchost exe Wiaacmgr exe Windows 7 xrengine exe has stopped working installer exe,3 00 GB Usable Have 4GB installed and HP website states this model supports 4GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 a couple of times this week Windows won t open I am forced to remove thebattery and restart then it s fine any ideas what the problem might be thnx Cannot get Lexmark X4270 printer to work on Windows 7 Is there anything I can do to get it working Am trying to connect new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit to a shared printer on the network which is connected to a Vista 32 PC cannot enable feature Windows Media Centre windows 7 crashes Bypass the startup folder in Windows 7 Cannot sign to Windows live messenger and Yahoo messenger C Windows system32 qaappsrv exe What is this Can RAMdisk use the extra memory on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Code 607 Windows Update encountered an unknown error after virus infection explorer exe does not start automatically Windows 7 Cursor freezing at start up on BRAND NEW Acer Aspire 5534 Notebook running Windows 7 Black Screen with cursor no login screen Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit Desktop gadgets panel has stopped working in Windows 7 Can t open Microsoft documents word excel etc that are sent from my new Windows 7 OS Distorted screen after installing Windows 7 32 bit
Read More: Tech Support: MS Windows Back up failing,Programs gone after hard drive replaced Tech Support,Troubleshoot:Windows 7 will only start in safe mode! Error,How to Fix - Panzer General 2 windows 7?,,After clicking on "Show windows stacked" and "Show windows side by side" every time I open a new link it is either stacked or side by side.,1601 error when trying to install .NET3.5 SP1,Action Figures- Dreamland Access now made easy,System Restore Error 0x80070057 when running from Windows RE,Adera Episode 2 doesn't appear after purchse from XBox store