Monday, February 22, 2016

Why does my Windows 8.1 PC keep turning itself back on? Tech Support

Why does my Windows 8.1 PC keep turning itself back on?

I am currently running Windows 8.1

Over the past couple of days my computer has started to turn itself back on following a shut down.
 The restart occurs anything from 1 to 30 minutes after "shutting down".
 I have checked the internet and have checked and taken the following actions:

Windows Media Centre trying to update - I have turned the auto update off
Network adapter - I have deselected the 'Allow this device to wake the computer' option in the Network adapter settings
Stopped devices from waking the computer
Completed a full system scan using McAfee and Malwarebytes and removed all PUP and 'threats'.

I think it may be related to a shutdown issue, however I have disabled the 'restart on system failure' feature, and it continues to restart.

I have visited many internet pages looking for help including the below links, but am unable to find an answer:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/329543-30-computer-turning-itself
http://answerquestions.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Does-My-Computer-Turn-On-By-Itself
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7586_102-525971/why-does-my-computer-turn-itself-on-at-night/
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-279981/pc-turns-on-by-itself/

I would prefer not to have to wipe my hard drive and start from scratch as the hassle of setting things back up again is to much to bear.

Can anyone advise/help please?

Solutions to the Problem Why does my Windows 8.1 PC keep turning itself back on?

Download Error Fixer for Free Now

Machine Throttling
  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Look for the following registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions".
  • On the right window pane, delete the subkey: "Machine Throttling".
  • Restart your system.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Why does my Windows 8.1 PC keep turning itself back on?:

 

 

How to Fix Why does my Windows 8.1 PC keep turning itself back on? with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.


Related: 114 errors Windows Vista Home Premium After installing Windows updates my Windows 7 computer becomes 100 times slower Additional log on information may be required Click to open your browser after running Windows Updates today 11 13 12 Blue Screen Windows 7 Pro after I have access Outlook 2007 Changing letter of Windows 7 system partition C Windows explorer exe Open file error Close Window from thumbnail preview in Windows 7 Can t find webcam on Windows 7 Ultimate Can t connect my iPod to Windows Media Player Certain Problems faced regularly with Windows 7 RC Are the MCSA and MCITP Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 essentially the same thing From the looks of it they have the exact same course requirements Corel s Painter Essentials 4 will not open on my 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC even after trying all MS prior version install modes Any ideas Cannot send or receive blind copies in Windows Live Disk Management freezes in Windows 7 APC PowerChute Personal Edition will not install on Windows 7 64 bit DLL error messages at start up on Windows 7 OS,After Installing Windows 7 SP1 And Restarting, I Get A Blank Screen And Windows Doesn't Boot.,2 Separate Multilevel Lists In The Same Document,2003 VBA CODE NEED TO UPDATE TO 2007,After Refreshing Win8 How To Get Lost Programs Back?,After Upgrading To Windows 7 Performance Got Slower And Freezes Frequently.
Read More: Troubleshooting:Printer wont respond, after a different printer is used for a 1-off job Error,Tech Support: My computer won't start. Please help!,Troubleshooter of Error: Sum Product by Date Range,Tech Support: WINDOWS 7 (gateway computer NV53A AMD Phenom II x3 N830) unable to connect to internet,unalphabitized favorites list [Anwsered],The True Meaning Of Nobility,100 MB System Partition Removal,After Update Aero doesn't work,After transfering files from my old laptop wiht(XP)to my new unit with Windows 7 using windows transfer utility, it changed my log-on password and now I no access at all,After virus on computer, many programs are getting a runtime error and close.

No comments:

Post a Comment