Code 404 File not found
When I go to the google website and try to get the toolbar I get a 404 file not found.
It happens when I try to get the toolbar or google maps.
If I go to google search I have no problem
Anwsers to the Problem Code 404 File not found
1. Does the issue occur only while downloading Google toolbar or with other websites too?
2. What is the complete error message?
3. Does it have any additional information after the error code you provided us?
4. Have you made any software or hardware changes to your computer prior to this issue?
I would suggest you to run an antivirus scan using Microsoft Safety Scanner to confirm that your computer is free of any virus infection.
Please find the link below.
Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded.
To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.
The Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that provides ongoing protection.
Refer these links.
Cannot access some websites in Internet Explorer
Perform the steps mentioned in the following link to optimize Internet Explorer.
Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer:
Please note that running Reset Internet Explorer Settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults.
This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings.
this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.
Get help with website error messages (HTTP errors)
Hope the information is helpful.
Windows Restore - Totally Fix All Errors including Code 404 File not found
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Type "System Restore" (without quotes) in the Search box and hit Enter or,
- Click on System Restore (when you see System Restore pop up in the list of search results).
- Make sure the "Recommended restore" radio button is checked on the restore utility window.
- Click on Next and follow the instructions given.
Note: There is the option on the restore utility to select "Choose a different restore point". Unless you have a specific reason to select a different date and time than what Windows recommends, just select the recommended option stated in the steps above. If you choose to select another one, follow these steps:Click on that desired date and time, and Windows 7 will perform a scan for any affected programs in that restore point.
Once completed, click Next and follow the instructions given.
Once you have selected the restore point, your system will start the restoring process, after which you will have to restart the system.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Code 404 File not found:
How to Fix Code 404 File not found with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: 114 errors Windows Vista Home Premium After installing Windows updates my Windows 7 computer becomes 100 times slower Additional log on information may be required Click to open your browser after running Windows Updates today 11 13 12 Blue Screen Windows 7 Pro after I have access Outlook 2007 Changing letter of Windows 7 system partition C Windows explorer exe Open file error Close Window from thumbnail preview in Windows 7 Can t find webcam on Windows 7 Ultimate Can t connect my iPod to Windows Media Player Certain Problems faced regularly with Windows 7 RC Are the MCSA and MCITP Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 essentially the same thing From the looks of it they have the exact same course requirements Corel s Painter Essentials 4 will not open on my 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate PC even after trying all MS prior version install modes Any ideas Cannot send or receive blind copies in Windows Live Disk Management freezes in Windows 7 APC PowerChute Personal Edition will not install on Windows 7 64 bit DLL error messages at start up on Windows 7 OS,After Installing Windows 7 SP1 And Restarting, I Get A Blank Screen And Windows Doesn't Boot.,2 Separate Multilevel Lists In The Same Document,2003 VBA CODE NEED TO UPDATE TO 2007,After Refreshing Win8 How To Get Lost Programs Back?,After Upgrading To Windows 7 Performance Got Slower And Freezes Frequently.
Read More: Troubleshoot:Can I freely jump back and forth between one and two text columns in a document with different-first-page headers without number-of-columns section breaks mucking things up? Error,[Solved] Windows 7 laptop disables another wireless PC connection,[Solution] Can't turn off the Formula option in Excel 2007,The True Meaning Of Nobility,100 MB System Partition Removal,After Update Aero doesn't work,After transfering files from my old laptop wiht(XP)to my new unit with Windows 7 using windows transfer utility, it changed my log-on password and now I no access at all,After virus on computer, many programs are getting a runtime error and close.