Why is useable RAM (3Gb) 1Gb less than installed RAM (4Gb)
Only noticed this after installing Windows 7 Home
Solutions to the Problem Why is useable RAM (3Gb) 1Gb less than installed RAM (4Gb)
32 bit OS recognise 3.5gb so maybe the remainder is taken up by video sharing?
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Why is useable RAM (3Gb) 1Gb less than installed RAM (4Gb):
How to Fix Why is useable RAM (3Gb) 1Gb less than installed RAM (4Gb) with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Blue Screen BCCode 116 Windows 7 Ultimate sony drivers How do I transfer Vista Windows Mail folders to Windows 7 Windows Live Mail Sony VAIO Driver Download New computers Freezing up for no reason Windows 7 Professional sony drivers problem with Windows 7 running on single core processor sony vaio drivers Sporadic Windows Explorer has stopped working even after hot fixes and repair install Sony VAIO Driver Download Why won t my Windows 7 PC give me a Windows Experience Index anymore sony vaio drivers download Windows Update error 0x80070103 HELP sony drivers download 4 Get in touch with the product’s original producer for those who couldn’t establish the motherboard’s make by its BIOS information and facts. All suppliers could have information about all their pc elements out there for disclosure.,Help Using VLOOKUP To Populate Adjacent Cells?,Unresolvable Error Using Regression,Email Download Speed Issue,Internet Explorer Tab Problems, Will Internintantly Not Connect When Opening New Tab Or New Browser,Websites Don't Stay Open As I Switch From Website To Website
Read More: How to Resolve - Update KB2538243 and Error code 643?,Solution to Error: I am getting a low disc space notice on m,Internet explorer 8 doesn't work while firefox does. [Anwser,[Solved] Runtime error - when waking up the PC from Hibernat,How to Resolve - Windows Updates won't install, error codes ,0xc00000e9 error, can't get past windows boot manager, nothing working.,better (shorter) formula creation COUNT INDEX,I have been accessing an excel file located on my desktop with my laptop. Suddenly, I get a message saying this file cannot be opened.,What is the reason of Calculator crashes on Vista?,How to use a series of data from one table (type of food, calories, fat, etc) and easily enter it into another table?