Windows Explorer crash when installing programs
What is causing my Windows Explorer to crash (then pops up a window to send an error report) when I try to install a program.
I have Windows 7 on a netbook and use to install things, but now I can't.
I have k9 protection and Content Adviser active.
anyone help me? Thank you ahead of time!
Keys to the Problem Windows Explorer crash when installing programs
- How long have you had this issue?
- What software changes did you make on the computer prior to the issue?
I’d recommend you to start your computer in a clean boot state and see if any of the third-party programs or startup items is causing the issue.
See How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to set the computer to start as usual as mentioned in
Step 7 in the above KB article.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to "Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab".
- Uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions".
- Click "Apply".
- Reboot your computer.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Windows Explorer crash when installing programs:
How to Fix Windows Explorer crash when installing programs with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: Can t download Windows Media Centre 12 for Windows 7 Professional asus driver download Help there is an error with the top task bar on all my windows Windows 7 Fuzzy buttons www asus com is coverXP Pro compatible with Windows 7 asus mainboard driver download Registry edit Hkey current user Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer CD Burning Drives asus driver Starting display problem Your computer did not shut down properly Windows is collecting information asus drivers Windows 8 in Outlook 2013 Clicking e mail address from body of email gives error asus motherboard drivers Windows Recovery Disk Black screen White mouse cursor asus drivers windows-update,Is Windows7 Compatable With Microsoft 2010 Home & Student? Excel Keeps Crashing With Files Created In XP And New Files Created In 2010 Home & Student,Number Items In String, Start Over If Criteria Change,Cannot Print From Windows Live Mail Or IE8,Red X Instead Of Picture?,Uninstall Windows Fax And Scan
Read More: I have purchased several ebooks from Barnes & Noble, cannot get them to download.,Computer won't startup; graphics card issue possibly [Solved],UNC Paths do not work in Windows 7 from command prompt from Samba server to a Linux server,how do i get a device driver that will work for my printer.?i have tried all i know.it is installed and says it needs to be troubleshoot.help,Unable to print a document,Windows Live Mail is continuing to bounce my email due to "quota exceeded" even after I have deleted messages as directed. How can I correct this?,How do I start an EXE with a scheduled task so that the task exits?